Bristol UK Postcards
Bristol Airport - 50th Anniversary
This unused, oversized postcard has the printed text...
Bristol Airport was officially opened on 31st May, 1930 by
Prince George, Duke of Kent; at the time it was only the
third civil airport in the country.
It moved from Whitchurch to Lulsgate in 1957, being
officially opened by Princess Marina, duchess of Kent,
on 1st May 1957.
City of Bristol
Entertainment & Publicity Department
The Airport Committee with to acknowledge the generous support
they have received from Rothmans of Pall Mall in the production
of this souvenir post card.
Beric Tempest Colourcard
Ashley Down Road
Tram Terminus, Ashley Down Road
This unused postcard has just the printed text Garratt.
The shop names included in this photgraph are Gibbs Fruit and Vegetables, R. Hockey Boot Maker, Central Haridressing Saloon and A. Brown. From a hand-written note on the card, standing outside A. Brown's shop is his son Lennie, and daughter Daisy.
This page created 15th September 2009, last modified 16th February 2010