There are also sites written in "technoese" which is all well and good but I find some of them very difficult to understand so I've tried to use "plain" English. Also, some sites are written as though nothing ever goes wrong when installing software, setting up a computer and so on. So I've tried to show how things work in the "real world", where I've had problems, for example setting up a server, rather than gloss over it, I'll explain what happened and how I either fixed it or worked around it.
Other pages in this section...
- Computer Stuff - General stuff to do with computers that I found interesting.
- File archives in Windows XP and later
- Batch Files
- Escape Character - using <, >, |, &, % and ^
- Testing for empty strings, spaces and the length of a string - user input, DEFINE
- SET: Odd behavior in loops, not updating - SETLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion
- SET: Scope and life of variables - SETLOCAL, ENDLOCAL
- Pausing and delaying batch files - pause, ping, choice, sleep, timeout, waitfor
- Finding the drive letters from volume labels - vol, find, mountvol, vol, WMIC
- Fedora Linux: Some notes
- Installing Fedora Linux
- Fedora Linux boot problems
- Fedora Linux sound problems
- Enabling MP3 support in Fedora Linux
- Free Stuff
- Scanning halftone images
- Digitising analog audio
- Digitising analog video